Your friend is a writer and you want to encourage him or her. Whether it’s a hobby or a dream, why not give a fitting gift on any given occasion? From writing tools to writing fuel, there’s a gift out there that’s just perfect for the writer in your life!
10. Pick an ornament, any ornament. These are usable all year round in offices or hanging from a doorknob: http://www.zazzle.com/writer+ornaments
9. Aqua Notes for taking notes and writing down ideas not only in the shower, but in the rain!
8. A “space pen“ for writers who write in bed. It writes upside down and at all angles. You can now get them customized and even as keychains.
7. A coffee gift basket. Need I explain? Certainly not! Here’s a site that offers multiple Starbucks gift baskets: http://bit.ly/1qrkIcz
6. Stephen King’s On Writing. This has fast become a classic in literary advice, inspiration, and autobiography. It’s well worth the read and goes very quickly. A great gift for any writer!
5. Wine with a writing theme. I’ve seen many wines like this, including one with Shakespeare on the label! My favorite so far is Well Read, an oaky red. You can find it at Trader Joes and other places. http://www.wellreadwines.com
4. Book notes bookmarks. Many writers read for enjoyment, but they also study what they’re reading to pick up tips on what they like and don’t like that can be incorporated into their own writing. These convenient bookmarks make it easy for your writer friend to do that along the way in each book they read. Also great for book clubs. http://www.levenger.com/100-book-notes-bookmark-cards-13015.aspx
3. Encourage your favorite writing fiend with the gift of Writer’s Market 2015 – both support and opportunity! You can even get a discount on it through Writer’s Digest. http://www.writersdigestshop.com/writers-market-2015-group
2. Scrivener, for those who need help organizing their writing. Like me. It has helped me immensely, and it’s not even expensive for a software they can use forever.
1. A fortune cookie with a custom message, preferably one predicting your writer friend’s success in the field. They can even be dipped in chocolate!
So there you have it. Fun, useful, and memorable gifts to appreciate the writer in your life. What will you buy or create for your writer friends?