I’ve really taken to having writing weekends, but especially weekends away, if possible, so that I can have different surroundings than I’m used to and get inspired. This month I’m going to be staying in a bed and breakfast room that has Victorian era-style wallpaper! Perfect inspiration – you’ll see why below. I’ll be seeing some friends I haven’t seen in years, so it will be an exciting weekend all around. My only fear is that the time will go by too quickly.
I’ve put some goals together so that I don’t forget to do anything while I’m there and I don’t come away kicking myself for not accomplishing enough on the writing side of things:
1. Start a short story for the Get Down With The #Awethors anthology. I have two or three solid ideas for this, but I’d like to try each of them out and pick one this weekend.
2. Write at least one major scene from Victorian era novel, Anatomy of a Darkened Heart. I’ve already printed a list of scenes that need to be written so that I can choose whatever suits me at the moment.
3. Outline some more of the secondary WIP. There’s so much running around in my head right now with that storyline, and a lot of it is specific, which makes me afraid that I’ll lose it if I don’t get it all down ASAP.
4. Write a little bit on every floor of a particular library I love. More on this in my homecoming blog post…
5. Film a little something that I’m not going to tell you about yet. 🙂
I think these goals are achievable since I’ll have Friday evening and most of Saturday to accomplish them. Sunday is mostly dedicated to other activities. With my brain heavily focused on all these goals, I don’t doubt I can complete all of them – as long as I concentrate and don’t spend time on the Turner Classic Movie channel. That channel is so distracting…
I’ll be tweeting and Facebooking while I’m there to keep in touch and let you know how it’s going! I like sharing my experiences with all of you. 🙂 I will be spotty on email, but I’ll get back to you upon my return.
Wish me luck!