I’ve wanted to create a Patreon for two years, and just this week I finally did it! What stopped me in the past? I couldn’t think of unique rewards that patrons would want from me. After I hosted The Writer’s Edge Patreon for Writers discussion with Ksenia Anske, Robert Sawyer, Lucy A. Snyder, William Bernhardt, and Jason Sizemore, my brain finally started working outside the box. The very next day I created my Patreon page!
The monthly reward levels are $1, $3, $8, $15, and $25. Each reward level includes rewards from the level before it, and all levels include early access to my pre-recorded videos.
- I’m offering weekly original haikus for just $1 a month that you’ll see before they appear in my upcoming haiku book. Sneak peeks for almost nothing!
- $3 gets you all manner of updates, including writing updates, a look into my research (there’s a free one of these up on my page now!), scans from my writing journals, and more. These are for your eyes only, they won’t be shared elsewhere.
- $8 includes a once a week movie chat in either written or video format. You’ll find out about movies you may never have heard of, and if you’re a writer, you’ll see the way the characters were built, how suspense was created, and more. I have a free one of these up right now about the movie All My Sons, where I talk about what it did really well and the strategy used to slowly roll out the drama. These posts will be similar to my blog posts about Humoresque and The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry—only now they’ll be on Patreon only…and regularly!
- At the $15 level, once a month you can send me your book blurb to critique and/or help you refine your pitch.
- For $25 per month, you’ll get all my books and short stories for free digitally. You’ll also get upcoming ones for free digitally! I’ll share with you never before seen deleted scenes as well as the scenes I didn’t end up writing and why, and more.
I made sure to include suggestions from my Facebook friends, and thank you so much to them for their helpful input! Head on over to my Patreon page and see what I’ve got up already. I’m excited to share much more with you as my generous patron!